“At Knox, the entire community is like a family. I was very far away from home, but my parents and I never worried because Knox was like my second home.”
– Omar El Sheik ’17, Cairo, Egypt
Our Residence Program Includes
Comforts of Home
- High-speed Wi-Fi and wired internet in every building
- Most buildings are air-conditioned
- Student lounges and common areas with cable television
- Full kitchens or kitchenettes in all residential buildings
- In-house nurses, wellness clinic, and athletic trainers/physicians
- Three hot meals per day, all-you-care-to-eat
- Weekend Brunch, all-you-care-to-eat
- Varied menus
- All meals prepared daily on-site by CulinArt chefs
- Dietary options available (vegetarian, gluten free, religious/cultural needs)
- Morning wake-up calls
- Dorm Parents around the clock
- Licensed Social Worker on campus
- Supervised daytime study halls
- Supervised evening study hours
- Academic extra-help sessions
To ensure the safety of all students, we provide:
- Separate dormitories for boys and girls
- Video surveillance in hallways and common areas
- Dorm Parents trained to maintain strict dormitory rules
- Each student has his or her own combination-lock safe to securely store valuables and cash
- Dorms locked down by 10 p.m.
- Emergency preparedness and fire drills conducted regularly
Many of The Knox School’s administration and faculty reside on campus and act as “Dorm Parents” who support the Academic, Social, Emotional, and Physical needs of boarding students in the evening and on weekends when classes and athletic practices have concluded for the day.
- Health and Wellness Center designed for overnight health stays with nurses when necessary
- Magnus online medical form system stores important student data for emergencies
- Mental health professional on-site
- University hospital within 15 minutes by car
- Fire Department and Ambulance Services only 1 mile away
We communicate regularly with parents
- Student Advisors serve as liaisons between the school and parents
- Our online student data tracking system keeps parents up-to-date on students’ grades, absences, effort, and disciplinary record
- PI Accounts (for cash disbursements and other expenses)
- Visiting physician administers physicals and vaccinations
- I-20 issuance
- Shuttles to Long Island Railroad and JFK Airport
Click to enlarge images of our residential facilities
Click the button above to see a sample schedule for daily life as a Knox boarding student.
Dorm Parents and Knox’s Student Life staff provide round-the-clock care for students, so that they may grow and develop in a safe and supervised environment. Students are afforded:
- Supervised study halls so that academic assistance is available when needed
- Comfort for students who are transitioning to dorm-living for the first time
- A senior-level “Administrator On Duty” is on-call 24/7 in case of an emergency, ensuring that students’ needs are met at all levels
The residential life program at The Knox School promotes a culture of family that is second to none – It is a feeling of warmth and welcome that makes this a one-of-a-kind place to live and learn.
Weekend excursions are for all students, not just those who live on campus. Trips to local hot spots, shopping malls, New York City, cultural events, and sometimes a simple “Target run,” are all part of weekend living at The Knox School.
To learn more about our excursions and other campus resources, click here.